Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The NutriSystemist: An Experiment In Engineered Nutrition And Self Control


Hello! Welcome to the NutriSystemist. I'm a 35-year-old male who lives in Los Angeles. I'm fairly active, but thanks to a deskbound job working out of my apartment in Silver Lake, I've put on a little more weight than I'd like to. (It goes directly to my belly and love handles...Attractive!)
I weighed in at 192 the other day, and ideally I should be closer to 170. After thinking I could will-power the extra pounds off, I've come to realize that I cannot. I visited my parents recently, and an ad came on TV for NutriSystem for Men, one of those diet programs that basically sends you a month's worth of prepackaged foods. It's a no-brainer: If you eat them and them alone, you'll lose weight. Dan Marino said he lost 22 lbs and was back to his playing size, and that was good enough for me. So when I got home, I went onto the site, surfed around a bit and discovered the wide variety of delicious-sounding meals in the plan, and plunked down $319.95 for 28 days worth of food--the men's introductory variety pack. The food arrives tomorrow, at which point I'll photograph it all and document the journey. Hope you'll join me!

Weight: 192
Hunger level: Low (ate a ton of pasta and two cookies)
Exercise: None (getting over a bad cold)
Mood: Excited!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get ready to look great and wish you could eat anything but their chemically mush.

Anonymous said...

mmmmmm!!! Streusel!!!